We made it to Singapore today from Bangkok after an incredibly long two days of travel...we left Koh Phangan on a ferry at noon, made it back to the mainland around 330, took a bus to Suratani where the train station was, arrived there around 5, and then hopped on a train at 630 that arrived in Bangkok at 6am. This, after two nights of sleeping for two hours each from the hours of 7:30am-9:30am (I was up until past dawn for the pre-full moon party and the full-moon party--both of these nights deserve their own post which will come sometime in the next couple of days when I have more time. Let's just say it was a human circus.) Then, we hung out in Bangkok all day, got a well-deserved night of sleep, only to hop on a plane this morning in Bangkok (which, by the way, has a full-fledged 5 star mall in the airport...unlike any I've ever seen) for a 2 hour flight to Singapore (the airport in Singapore has a pool, fitness facility, nature walks, mall, restaurants, hotels, etc, etc--it's like a city, with airplanes), which was followed by an hour and a half subway ride to the Little India stop, where we waited for 45minutes to get a cab half a mile to our hostel (we had too much stuff to carry--such as my new suit, awesome-- and didn't know where we were going.) We then arrived at our hostel, Footprints Hostel, to find THIRTY loud, screaming little kids from the ages of 3-12 occupying the entire common room...apparently there are a few large Indian families visiting for the week. To say the least, we were frustrated, exhausted, and our first impression of Singapore was a total bust. Anyways, that's my rant for the day. Tomorrow we'll be moving to a new hostel down the street, G4 Station, and I couldn't possibly be more excited.
The plan for Singapore is to eat massive amounts of Indian food, go to the Night Safari (google singapore night safari, it's supposed to be cool), and possibly check out the giant ferris wheel, which is the largest in the world. I'm anxious and excited to be home in a few days. It's not that I'm not still having a great time--I definitely am; koh phangan was completely amazing and I think Singapore may rival Hong Kong after I've spent a couple days here--but I'm really looking forward to the same things I've been looking forward to, such as not living out of a backpack, seeing friends and fam, and of course, beerfest.
I'll post soon about the rest of Koh Phangan, the full moon parties, and about my impression of Singapore once I have one (outside of it having the least efficient taxi service in the world and the loud screaming indian children), and hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures up. Sorry this blog has been dying a slow death ever since I left Siem Reap. Hope all is well in CA; can't wait to see you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment